Sunday, October 15, 2006

Songs Tag

I have been tagged by Manish. It is a very interesting tag, and one for which I had to think a LOT! I hope I'm able to do justice to it! :)

1. Your favourite lyricist and the lyrics you remember the most.

Hmmm... I would pick Javed Akhtar. And the lyrics are of the title song of "Kal Ho Naa Ho":

Har ghadi badal rahi hai roop zindagi
Chhaaoon hai kabhi
Kabhi hai dhoop zindagi
Har pal yahan jee bhar jeeyo
Jo hai samaa kal ho naa ho...


2. Your favourite song on friendship.

It would have to be "Mustafa, Mustafa" from "Prema Desam" ("Duniya Dilwalo Ki" in Hindi).

I remember I was in the 9th standard when this movie had been released in Hyderabad, and all of us friends had gone to watch it. It had become a huge hit thanks to the awesome music provided by A. R. Rahman. Each and every song is good, right form "College Style" to "Prema"! And "Mustafa, Mustafa" had become THE anthem for anything to do with friendship! :)


3. Which song are you humming today?

I was humming "Everybody's Changing" by Keane. I'd heard it back when Radio One was Go 92.5 FM and played English pop (I wish they would go back to the old format!). This song has a lovely melody.

So little time
Try to understand that I'm
Trying to make a move to stay in the game
I try to stay awake and remember my name
But everybody's changing
And I don't feel the same...


4. One song, which brings tears to your eyes.

"Le Chale Le Chale" from "My Brother Nikhil".

Chandani muskuraye jab hawa kuch kahe
Jo ghana ho fiza mein andhera
Layenge hum savere tere liye
Le chale le chale yeh yaadon ke kaafile
Jayenge hum jahan
Yeh zameen aasman mile...

I'd also like to add the title song of "Kal Ho Naa Ho", especially the second antara (verse):

Palko ke leke saaye
Paas koi jo aaye
Laakh sambhalo pagal dil ko
Dil dhadke hi jaaye
Par soch lo is pal hai jo
Woh daastan kal ho naa ho...

The image of Aman (SRK) imagining himself to be in the shoes of Rohit (Saif Ali Khan) is just heart breaking!


5. A song that gives you hope, a reason to try again and again, a reason to say that life is beautiful :)

This is a tough one! Maybe "Roobaroo" from "Rang De Basanti".

Aye saala!
Abhi abhi hua yakin
Ki aag hai mujh mein kahin
Hui subah main chal gaya
Suraj ko main nigal gaya
Roobaroo... roshni... Hey!


6. When you want to be by yourself, silent and content but with music, which song would that be?

"When you say nothing" by Ronan Keating

It's amazing how you can
Speak right to my heart
Without saying a word
You can light up the dark
Try as I may I can never explain
What it is you say
When you don't say a thing

The smile on your face
Lets me know that you need me
There's a truth in your eyes
Saying you'll never leave me
The touch of your hand says
You'll catch me wherever I fall
You say it best
When you say nothing at all...


7. If you have to express your love for someone with a song, which would that be?

I'm going to cheat here, and include three songs instead of one! :)

  • "Ab Naa Jaa" by Euphoria
Aankein band kar lu jo mein
Dekhoon bas tujhe
Khwabon mein hi keh sakta hoon
Apna Tujhe
Rehene do mera yeh vehem
Hai yakin naa jaaoge
Pyar ki yeh raat hai, ab naa jaa
Chhotisi ek baat hai, ab naa jaa...
  • "Runaway" by The Corrs
Say it's true,
There's nothing like me and you
I'm not alone,
Tell me you feel it too
And I will runaway, yeah, yeah
I will runaway
I will runaway with you
'Cause I'm falling in love with you
No, I'm never gonna stop
Falling in love with you...

  • "Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis Presley
Wise men say only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you...


8. Five songs you listen to the most.

Only five??? There are a countless number of songs that I don't get tired of listening to!
Hmmm... from the top of my head here they are, in no particular order:
  • Mann Ki Lagan (Paap)
  • Dheere Jalna (Paheli)
  • Gazab Ka Hai Din (Qayamay Se Qayamat Tak)
  • The Unplugged Album by The Corrs
  • Yeh Raat Bheegi Bheegi (Chori Chori)

Now it's my turn to tag some unsuspecting blogger buddy!! :D
After giving this due thought, I've decided to tag Vir! Enjoy this tag!

10 comments:

Amey said...

Great collection of songs... Though I think you have gone for silent (kind of sad) songs a bit more than my liking...

"Ab Na Jaa"? Great choice I must say, so is "Rubaroo"...

Anonymous said...

wow, u;ve been gone a while eh? nice to see you back, hope you post more often. and neat choice of songs there! :)

~ Deeps ~ said...

nice songs .......khnh title and ronan keating one are the ones i like most in this list.....

Vikas said...

You might like the book if you are particular about punctuation. You will love it if you detest the SMS language!

anyway, nice tag. I'll take it up sometime. :)

Urvashi said...

Hi Fleiger!
Sad kind? None of the songs are really sad. The associations with them invoke the sadness, like in "Le Chale" from "My Brother Nikhil", the lyrics are actually quite positive, but whenever I listen to this song I remember the sad plight of the protagonist.

Hey Soul!
Yup! Been away for long. I have all these ideas, then I'm too lazy to type out a post, and then the ideas become too old! Vicious cycle, ain't it? :D
I'll be doing your tag soon!

Hey Deeps!
Thanks! The Ronan Keating song is one of my all time favs!

Hi TMTB!
I think I will buy that book.
Would like to see your take on this tag...

Hey Niki!
Thank you!
So you've heard "Mustafa, Mustafa" huh? LOL!!

Amey said...

Yup, that's what I was talking about. The songs are not sad, but "sad-type" ;)

Citizen Earth said...

this is with reg to your tattoo post... its truely sexy!! where is the pheonix??

i got my first just out a year ago and man am i in love!!

i am some profound learnings from my tattoo...i think after this is should do a blog on it...hope you read it when i do...and reaffirm my fundas!!

Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

"When you say nothing" by Ronan Keating
ooooooooooo.....
this is one sond Im hooooked to these days....I just love whenever I hear it ova and ova again...

have u heard, I'm ready from bryan adams....nice one too :)

Manish Kumar said...

I have seen ur post a wek before but was unable to comment from my home PC.

though I generally don't tune in to english songs but someone sent me When you say nothing" by Ronan Keating & I loved it.

As for film songs i like most of them too.

Urvashi said...

Hey Citizen!
The tattoo's on my left arm. Which one do you have??
And I totally know that feeling of love for one's tattoo! LOL!!

Hey Arz000n!
That song is one of my all time favs. I don't think I've heard "I'm ready" by Bryan Adams...

Hey Manish!
At last! I was wondering if you ahd read this post or not... :)