It was my Happy Birthday 2 days ago (LOL!!), and I had wanted to post this on that day. But I was so crazy busy that I just didn't get the time! So, as a tribute to my (ahem!) inherent weirdness I will get down to doing this tag. I had been tagged by S0ul. The rules of the tag are that I have to note down 8 of the weirdest things about myself. I'd actually asked my pal A, to come up with a few, and lived to regret it! Her list was really long! And when I whined that "I didn't do that anymore", she refused to believe me and smirked, "Weirdos don't change spots, hon!"
Ok, so here goes:
- I like making lists. I make lists about almost anything that catches my fancy, from the number of movies and books I've read in a month to what clothes I wear everyday of the week!! And (there's more!) the movie list is further categorized in terms of the month that I'd watched the movie in, the date, director, actors, , and I'd give it my own rating!! :D And before people think I'm really loony, I make a list of all the clothes I wear because I have a really, really bad memory, and can't remember when I wore something last week! Gotta keep rotating the clothes na? Hehe!
- I don't like to see loose threads hanging off my clothes. I just have to cut them off at once! A few years back I couldn't bear to see loose threads hanging off the clothes of other people too, and would be terribly tempted to cut them off too. And I have... err... even succumbed to this temptation innumerable times, much to the horror, bemusement, shock of the other person!! I'm glad to report that I can control these impulses now!! :D
- I don't know if this counts as a weird point, but I have this major foot-in-the-mouth disease. I'm the Queen of saying the most inappropriate things at the most inopportune times! There was this one time that I was going on and on about how terrible this scooter looked and I wondered aloud who'd ever buy one, when one of the people around who was shooting icy looks at me all through, thundered that her brother had just bought the very same scooter and that he was very happy with it!! This bit of information had obviously slipped my mind!
- I like weird food combinations! I looooooooove pineapple with chocolate sauce! My Mom thinks that that has to be the weirdest combination ever. She was shocked when I had first tried it out and declared that it was one of the most amazing things I had ever tasted! When I was 8-9 years old I would grate cheese and add heaped spoons of sugar to it, mash the entire concoction together very enthusiastically and then eat it all up with much relish! An aunt recalls this incident very vividly: She had come across me doing this one time and had asked in horror, "But who eats something like this?!" And I had apparently proudly answered that I do! LOL!! I can dunk roasted papad into almost anything, ranging from soup to cola!
- I get spaced out very often. A bunch of us would be sitting and talking about something, and suddenly I realize that I hadn't been listening to a thing that had been said for the last 10-15 minutes! I'm made the butt of jokes for this reason soooooooo many times! I've even been spaced out while driving my Scooty loads of time! Then suddenly I come out of my reverie when one of those I-don't-know-what-an-indicator-is auto drivers swerve in front of me out of nowhere! But I'm told that lots of people day dream while driving, so this is probably not my weirdest point!
- Hmmm... what next? I can't think of anything else. Maybe I'm not as weird as most people believe me to be! :)) I wonder if this counts as being weird... I wash my brush and comb each time I wash my hair (that's like every alternate day). And not only that, I even clean the dressing table thoroughly before placing my clean brush and comb on it. I think that it's just good sense, but some people have told me that I tend to go a bit overboard! Some of my friends call me Monica (from FRIENDS) for this reason! :D
- I have this routine before falling asleep. First I lie down on my back, then after sometime on my left side and then lastly on my right side. And then.... I fall asleep at last!
- Lastly, according to my good pal A, I'm weird because I liked "Dil Ne Jise Apna Kahaa"!! She thought that it was a really stupid movie, and was quite stunned that I actually liked it! But I did! It was quite sappy, but I did! I think I would be truly weird if I had liked the monstrous atrocity, "Jaan-e-mann". That has to be the worst movie of this year!!
I think that all of us are innately wierd in some way or the other, and should just celebrate it! :D :D